The Perfect Ribeye Steak Recipe
March 30, 2017
- 2 good quality ribeye steaks, rested at room temp for 20 minutes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 5 Tbsp good quality butter
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, cut in half
- Heat your cast iron pan over medium heat for 5 minutes (be sure to turn the fan on at this point, it’ll help!).
- While the cast iron is heating up, season steaks on both sides evenly with salt and pepper. Once the pan is hot, add the olive oil and swirl to coat the pan. Lay the steak in the pan (always away from you!).
- Cook the steaks for 30 seconds and then flip and cook an additional 30 seconds. At this point, turn the steaks on their sides with the fat cap down in the pan. Render the fat for 30 seconds and then return to their original position in the pan.
- Add the butter, rosemary and garlic to the pan. As the butter melts, baste the steaks using a spoon. As you cook the steaks, you’ll want to turn them every minute until they reach your desired temperature so they color evenly on both sides.
- When you’re at your desired temperature, brush the tops with one of the cloves of garlic and remove to a cutting board to rest. Rest the steaks for at least 10 to 15 minutes before slicing and serving.