- 6 poblano peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cooked jasmine rice
- 2/3 cup black beans
- 2/3 cup freshly grated monterey jack cheese + extra for topping
- 2/3 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup freshly torn cilantro
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- salsa for serving
- sliced avocado for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Slice the tops off of the poblano peppers and remove the inner ribs and seeds. Rub the outsides and insides with olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix together the rice, beans, cheese, tomatoes, cilantro, green onions and garlic. Add in the salt and pepper. While mixing, I sort of mashed everything together with the beans so it stuck. Stir in the sour cream until combined – helping to hold things together.
- Stuff each pepper with the rice and bean mixture. Place them on a parchment paper covered baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes, then remove and add a few handfuls of cheese on top of the peppers. Bake for 15 minutes more. Serve immediately with salsa and avocado!