Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Shrimp with Bacon Recipe
September 9, 2016
- Half of a bag of spinach leaves
- Olive oil
- 4-5 artichoke hearts (mine were frozen from Trader Joe’s – buy water-packed if you can find frozen)
- 4oz cream cheese, softened
- Salt and pepper
- 15-20 large shrimp, peeled, de-veined, and butterflied
- 10 strips of bacon, cut in half (20 pieces)
- In a medium sautee pan over medium heat, drizzle a little olive oil in then add the spinach. Cook until it’s all been wilted down – 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and when cooled, squeeze out excess water.
- Add the cooked spinach to a food processor (a mini one works great here!) along with the artichoke hearts. Pulse a few times to break everything up. Add the softened cream cheese and blend until creamy and combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper and blend until combined.
- Take the butterflied shrimp and place about 1-2 tsps of the spinach artichoke filling in the center. Fold the shrimp together and wrap in a slice of bacon to ensure most of the filling stays in. Secure with a toothpick. Repeat with remaining shrimp and place on a baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Bake the shrimp for 10-15 minutes, or until the bacon is browned. Serve immediately.