For the bacon-wrapped shrimp:
- 22 large shrimp – about 1.15kg or 2 1/2 lbs – before cleaning and peeling
- 1 lb or 450g bacon (normal, not thick cut)
- 3-4 hot chili peppers, cut into thin strips
- Small handful chives, cut into pieces about the length of your shrimp
For the spicy bacon mayo dipping sauce:
- 1/2 cup or 125g mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon bacon/shrimp drippings from baking pan
- 1 small clove garlic, grated finely
- 1 teaspoon or more hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Preheat your oven to 425°F or 218°C.
- Peel and clean all the shrimp but leave the tails on.
- Use a sharp knife to split the thick part of the shrimp so that they are open enough to put in one or two strips of pepper (depending on your heat threshold) and a couple of pieces of chive.