Smokey Grilled Pork Tenderloin Recipe
August 29, 2017
- 2 pork tenderloins (3-5 pounds total), trimmed of excess fat or silver skin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse, kosher salt
- Pinch of coarsely ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, stir together the olive oil, lime juice, brown sugar, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. The mixture will be thick and pasty.
- Rub the mixture over the pork and place the meat in a shallow dish. You can grill right away, but for more flavor, cover the dish and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill (see note for alternate cooking methods) to medium-high heat (I use 375 degrees F on my pellet grill).
- Grill the pork tenderloin for 10 minutes, flip and continue to cook until an internal temperature at the thickest part of the meat registers 145 degrees F on an instant read thermometer, about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the pork from the grill and tent with aluminum foil for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.