Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork Recipe
August 9, 2017
- 3 to 5 lb. Boston Butt Pork Roast
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Chipotle Chile Powder
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- Toasted hoagie or hamburger buns
- Slices of Colby-Jack Cheese
- BBQ Sauce
- Mix the brown sugar, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and chipotle chile powder together in a small bowl. Rub the outside of the pork with spices.
- Pour the apple cider vinegar and water in the bottom of your slow cooker and carefully place the pork inside the slow cooker, careful not to wash off the spices.
- Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours, or on HIGH for 3-4 hours. Remove pork and shred with two forks. Add juices from the slow cooker as desired.
- Serve the pulled pork on a toasted bun with Colby-Jack cheese and bbq sauce.