Skillet Steak and Eggs Hash Recipe
July 11, 2017
- 1 large Idaho potato
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons bacon fat, or butter (separated)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (optional)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups leftover Certified Angus Beef ® brand steak or roast (I used leftover tri tip roast)
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper.
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Scrub the potato and place it in a medium pot with enough water to cover the potato. salt the water. Bring the pot to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the potato from the water and place on a clean dish towel. Peel and dice the potato when it is cool enough to handle.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of bacon fat, or butter, over medium-high heat, in a large oven-safe skillet. Add the potato, peppers, onion, and garlic, to the skillet and press it down flat. Allow to cook untouched for 5 minutes. Flip the hash over, add the beef, salt, and pepper, and press it down again, cooking for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and, using a large spoon, make 4 wells in the hash. Add 1/2 teaspoon bacon fat (or butter) to each well, then crack and egg into them.
- Place in the oven and bake for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the eggs are done to your liking.