Shrimp Pasta in Spicy New Orleans Tomato Cream Sauce Recipe
May 9, 2017
- 1 pound shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Tony Chacheres Seasoning cajun/creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon paste
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 – 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 8-ounce angel hair pasta
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- Peel and devein shrimp. Pat shrimp dry with a paper towel.
- Season shrimp on both sides with red pepper, paprika, and cajun seasoning.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet
- Add onion and bell pepper. Saute 3 to 4 minutes or until soft.
- Add shrimp and garlic and cook shrimp 2 minutes per side.
- Remove shrimp from pan leaving the oil in the skillet.
- To skillet add tomato sauce, water, chicken bouillon paste, chili sauce, and worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in heavy cream.
- Season with more salt, pepper, and more cajun seasoning to taste.
- Boil pasta and drain.
- Add pasta and shrimp to sauce.
- Squeeze lemon juice over pasta and stir well to combine.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.