- 6 gluten-free corn tortillas, cut into quarters OR 24 gluten-free corn tortilla chips
- 7oz gluten-free Mexican pork chorizo
- 1/2lb shrimp, peeled and deveined then chopped
- 3oz freshly shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 3oz freshly shredded Queso Quesadilla (could sub Monterey Jack or white cheddar)
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
For the Fresh Pico de Gallo:
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 white onion, minced
- 1/2 jalapeño (or more or less,) seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1/2 lime
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees then line two baking sheets with foil and spray with nonstick spray. Arrange tortilla wedges on baking sheets then spray tops with nonstick spray. Bake, rotating pans halfway through, for 8-10 minutes or until chips are light golden brown (chips will crisp as they cool.) Set aside. (Omit this step if using store-bought tortilla chips.)
- Meanwhile, heat a large, oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add chorizo then cook through, 6-7 minutes, and then scoop onto a paper towel-lined plate to drain, reserving fat in the skillet. Season shrimp lightly with salt then add to the skillet and saute until just cooked through, 1-2 minutes. Remove to plate with chorizo.
- Scrape out any excess fat from the skillet then arrange half the tortilla chips in the bottom. Top with half the cooked chorizo and shrimp, and half of the cheeses. Repeat layers then bake until cheese is melted, 5-7 minutes.
- Combine ingredients for Fresh Pico de Gallo in a bowl then top nachos with chopped avocado and green onions, and serve with Fresh Pico de Gallo.