Mississippi Smoked Pulled Pork Recipe
May 22, 2017
- 1 pack Iceland World Famous Smokehouse Mississippi Smoked Pulled Pork
- 220g rice
- 150g frozen sweetcorn
- 150g frozen mixed peppers
- 150g frozen diced onions
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 400g can mixed beans
- Optional – sour cream and fresh coriander to serve
- Cook your pulled pork according to the pack instructions (I roasted mine in the oven but you can also use the hob or microwave).
- While the pulled pork is cooking, cook your rice according to the pack instructions.
- Heat your olive oil (2 tsp) in a large frying pan, add the onions, sweetcorn and peppers (150g of each) and fry on a low heat for around 10 minutes, stirring regularly to ensure they don’t burn. Drain the mixed beans, add them to the pan and fry for a further 5 minutes until the vegetables are soft with a little bite to them.
- Once the pulled pork has cooked, remove it from the oven and use two forks to shred the meat. Drain the rice and add the pulled pork and vegetables to the rice pan, Mix together so that everything is coated in the barbecue sauce. Season with a little salt to taste and serve (I like it with a little sour cream and fresh coriander leaves).