Mexican Beer Cheese Dip Recipe
April 27, 2016
- 8 ounces (1/2 pound) chorizo, removed from its casing and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Mexican lager beer*
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cilantro, for garnish
- In a large hot skillet over medium heat, brown the chorizo until cooked, about 5-7 minutes. Remove the chorizo with a slotted spoon to a bowl, leaving the grease behind.
- Add the onion and jalapeno to the hot grease and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 60 seconds.
- Stir in flour, coating the onion mixture. Slowly whisk in the beer and milk. Bring to a boil and cook for 3-5 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the cheese and salt until cheese has completely melted. Add the cooked chorizo. Remove from the heat, garnish with cilantro, and serve immediately.