Mango Habanero Drumsticks Recipe
July 14, 2017
- 2 lbs. Chicken Drumsticks
- Salt and pepper, To taste
- 1 recipe Mango Habanero BBQ Sauce, divided into 2
- Chopped Cilantro for garnish
- Place the drumsticks on a foil lined baking sheet. Sprinkle on all sides with salt and pepper according to your personal tastes. Allow to sit at room temperature while the grill preheats.
- Prepare the Mango Habanero BBQ Sauce according to the directions. Divide between 2 bowls so that you may reserve one uncontaminated from raw chicken for serving purposes.
- Preheat the grill to 450 degrees F.
- Place the chicken on the grill, cooking about 5 minutes per side. Discard the foil from the baking sheet so that you may reuse the baking sheet later without contamination from raw chicken.
- After cooking all sides, baste the chicken with half of the prepared BBQ sauce and continue to cook, turning as needed, until the internal temperature of the chicken registers at 185 degrees F. Total cook time will be approximately 25 – 35 minutes, depending on the size of your drumsticks.
- Remove chicken from the grill and transfer to the baking sheet (dirty foil removed and discarded). Sprinkle the chicken with chopped cilantro, if desired, for garnish. Loosely tent the baking sheet with a clean piece of foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Provide reserved BBQ sauce in the second bowl for serving.