Honey Sriracha Grilled Shrimp Recipe
April 14, 2017
- 4-5 wooden skewers
- 1 lb. large shrimp, deveined and shells removed
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 Tablespoons honey
- 6 Tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- optional garnish: lime wedges and freshly chopped cilantro
- Soak the wooden skewers for 20 minutes before grilling.
- Heat grill to medium high heat, about 400 ºF.
- In a small saucepan, add butter. Once melted add in fresh ginger and garlic. Stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Next add in smoked paprika, ground cloves, honey, Sriracha and lime juice. Stir to combine and let simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Place prepared shrimp on wooden skewers.
- Spray grill grates with cooking spray or rub with olive oil soaked rag.
- Place skewer shrimp on the grill. Grill for 3-4 minutes, until the shrimp releases from the grill. Flip the chicken over and grill on the other side for 4-5 minutes.
- Using a brush, gently brush the honey sriracha glaze on both sides of the shrimp. Grill each side for one more minute.
- Remove from grill.
- Glaze the shrimp one last time. Garnish with lime wedges and fresh cilantro.