Honey Chipotle BBQ Chicken Recipe
July 13, 2017
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 2-3 chipotle peppers in adobe sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- In a blender or food processor combine ketchup, cider vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, honey, salt, garlic powder, cumin, and black pepper and blend until smooth.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Salt and pepper the chicken and add to the grill. Baste the chicken generously, turn over after about 2 minutes and baste again. Cook until the chicken is 165 degrees and no longer pink in the center. Baste one last time before serving.