Honey Beer Bread Recipe
October 4, 2016
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup honey*
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer
- 4 tablespoons (half stick) butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 x 5 x 3-inch bread pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt until combined. Slowly pour the beer and honey into the flour mixture, and stir until combined. (I recommend popping your honey in the microwave for a few seconds beforehand to make it easier to stir in!)
- Pour half of the melted butter into the bottom of the loaf pan, and spread it around evenly. Then add the batter to the pan in an even layer, and brush the rest of the butter around evenly on top of the batter.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until the top of the bread is golden brown and a toothpick or knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Serve immediately.