Honey Apple Pork with Potatoes Recipe
January 8, 2017
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1 Smithfield Marinated Hardwood Smoked Bacon & Cracked Black Pepper Pork Tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 apples, cored and chopped into 1 inch chunks (not peeled, I used 2 granny smith and 2 fuji)
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Add the canola oil to your cast iron skillet and heat on high.
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Season the potatoes with Kosher salt and pepper to taste. Add the potatoes to half the skillet and the pork to the other half. Brown the pork for about 2 minutes a side. After you brown the first two sides swap the potato and pork placement in the skillet so the potatoes can capture some of the pork flavors as well.
- Once all four sides are browned, push the potatoes to one side. Put the pork in the middle of the pan. With a spatula scrape the leftover black pepper seasonings to the pork/potato side of the pan.
- Add the butter and apples to the empty part of the pan and stir together until the butter is melted. Add the honey and stir again.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- When done cooking add the lemon juice over the apples and the zest over the pork and the apples.
- Garnish with parsley if desired. Wait 2-3 minutes before slicing into the pork.