Five Pepper Bloody Mary with Grilled Jalapeño Shrimp Recipe
July 10, 2017
FOR THE GRILLED JALAPEÑO SHRIMP (ENOUGH FOR 6 BEVERAGES):
- 12 raw jumbo (16 to 20 per pound) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 T. olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tsp. minced fresh jalapeño
- 1/2 T. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
TO ASSEMBLE THE 5 PEPPER BLOODY MARY WITH GRILLED JALAPEÑO SHRIMP (PER SINGLE BEVERAGE):
- fresh lemon wedge
- bloody mary rim salt
- 6 oz. Master of Mixes® 5 Pepper Bloody Mary Mixer, chilled
- 1-1/2 oz. vodka
- freshly ground black pepper
FOR THE GRILLED JALAPEÑO SHRIMP:
- Place shrimp in a wide shallow bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl with high sides, combine all ingredients from olive oil through black pepper. Using an immersion blender, completely process until there are no sizable pieces. Or use a food processor or blender. Pour marinade over shrimp and gently stir to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Make sure grates are clean, and then oil them well. Set shrimp on hot grates and grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or just until shrimp are no longer opaque and have some nice char. Remove from grill.
TO ASSEMBLE THE 5 PEPPER BLOODY MARY WITH GRILLED JALAPEÑO SHRIMP:
- Run the cut edge of a fresh lemon wedge around the rim of your glass. Invert glass and dip rim into a small plate of prepared bloody mary rim salt. Turn glass upright and add 5 Pepper Bloody Mary Mixer and vodka. Give a little stir. Carefully add ice cubes to nearly fill glass. Top with freshly ground black pepper. Hook a couple of the grilled jalapeño shrimp on the side of the glass. Then garnish with a stalk of fresh celery, pickled peppered asparagus, peppadews, and stuffed green olives. Or any of your own favorite garnishes. I like to use little bamboo skewers to thread on garnishes.