Double Decker Summer Burgers Recipe
July 20, 2017
- For the burgers:
- 2 lbs. Lean Ground Beef
- 2 tablespoons Gourmet Burger Seasoning*
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- for the secret sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup finely diced dill pickles
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 potato hamburger buns
- lettuce, tomato, red onion, etc.
- In a large bowl, stir Laura’s Lean Ground Beef, burger seasoning, Worcestershire sauce and BBQ sauce together until well combined and evenly mixed.
- Line a 4-inch wide lid with plastic wrap. Add a few spoonfuls of hamburger mixture to the lid and fold plastic wrap over the top to press and mold the burger patty. Unwrap from plastic wrap and place onto a plate or platter. Continue this process until you have created 8 patties, about 1/4 pound each, 1/3-1/2 inch thick, 4 inches across.
- Cover and refrigerate about 1 hour. (This will help the burgers keep their shape on the grill)
- While burgers are resting, make the secret sauce: stir mayonnaise together with ketchup, pickles, pickle juice, ground pepper and garlic powder. Place in refrigerator.
- Also, prep your burger toppings: slice tomatoes, wash and tear lettuce, slice onion, etc..
- To grill, place each burger onto preheated grill. Cook 3 minutes on one side and then flip. Add cheddar cheese slices on each patty, cover and cook 1 minute. Turn grill off and then continue cooking another 3 minutes or until burgers register 160 degrees F.
- Stack two burgers together and place onto hamburger buns. Add plenty of secret sauce and any other desired toppings. Enjoy!
- **To lighten up the recipe, make with only one lean beef patty.