Chorizo Tater Tot Casserole Recipe
March 21, 2017
- 1 pound ground chorizo
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 2 1/2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 cups tater tots
- sour cream
- pico de gallo
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large skillet cook chorizo until cooked through. Drain grease but reserve 1 tablespoon.
- Return chorizo and reserved pan drippings to the skillet and add in onion, corn, black beans and green chiles. Cook until the onions have softened and the corn is cooked through.
- Combine the cheeses together.
- Transfer chorizo mixture to a 2 quart casserole dish. Spread 3 cups of shredded cheese over the top, reserve the remaining cup for toppings.
- Layer tater tots on top of the cheese.
- Bake casserole in preheated oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until tater tots are golden brown and crispy and edges are bubbly.
- Remove casserole allow to cool for several minutes, scoop servings on to plates and top with cheese, sour cream, pico de gallo and guacamole.