Chili Cheese Dog Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe
December 4, 2016
- Hot Dogs
- White Bread
- Cheese (your choice of what kind)
- Chili (canned or homemade)
- Melt one third of butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat until foaming subsides. Add hot dog slices and cook, turning occasionally, until browned on all sides. Transfer to a plate. Add both bread slices and cook, swirling occasionally, until pale golden brown on bottom side, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer bread to a cutting board toasted-side-up. Place cheese slices on top of each slice. Add hot dogs and chili to one side, then close sandwich, with both toasted sides facing inwards.
- Melt one more piece of butter in the skillet and reduce heat to medium low. Add sandwich and cook, swirling occasionally, until deep, even golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove sandwich using a flexible metal spatula. Add the remaining butter. Return sandwich to skillet cooked-side up. Season with salt.