Camp Crystal Lake Fireside Cocktails Recipe
October 31, 2016
- 10 oz. dark chocolate, chopped (I had 90% cocoa which is very bitter and needed a a lot of sugar to sweeten it, but you can use whatever chocolate you prefer).
- 4 cups milk
- 2 Tbsp. Glossop’s Smoked Syrup
- 6 Tbsp. brown sugar (you cand use white but I like the flavor of brown sugar and be sure to use less if using a sweeter chocolate!)
- ¼ tsp. garam masala, optional
- 4 oz. Heritage Distilling Elk Rider Bourbon (1 oz. per drink)
- Chocolate frosting for rimming the glasses
- 3 graham crackers (6 squares), crushed
- 4 large marshmallows
- 4 bamboo skewers, cut in half for roasting marshmallows
- In a medium saucepan heat milk, chocolate, and garam masala on medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until chocolate is melted.
- Add in sugar a few tablespoons at a time being sure to taste test as you go. The amount of sugar you’ll need will depend on the kind of chocolate you use. If not using 90% cocoa do not dump in 6 Tbsp. sugar. You will be really sad with the outcome.
- Crush graham crackers in a Ziploc bag or in a food processor. Set aside in shallow bowl.
- Next rim four mugs with chocolate frosting, I used about ¼ tsp. per mug. I suppose the smoked syrup may have also worked but I was worried it might melt or run.
- Dip mugs in graham crackers until well-coated.
- Pour 1 oz. bourbon and an even amount of hot chocolate into each mug and stir.
- Skewer marshmallows and toast over your stove burner or your backyard fire pit or fireplace if you really want to set the mood!
- Place toasted marshmallows on top of hot chocolate and enjoy!