Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Skewers Recipe
July 13, 2016
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (12.8-ounce) package smoked andouille sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
FOR THE SRIRACHA CREAM SAUCE
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha, or more, to taste*
- 1 tablespoon sweetened condensed milk
- To make the Sriracha cream sauce, whisk together mayonnaise, Sriracha and condensed milk in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, olive oil, paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic and onion powder, oregano and thyme; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover, and refrigerate, turning occasionally, for at least 30 minutes.
- Thread shrimp and sausage onto 4-inch-long skewers or toothpicks.
- Heat a grill pan over medium high heat. Add shrimp in a single layer and grill until shrimp are opaque and sausage is slightly softened, about 3 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately with Sriracha cream sauce, garnished with chives, if desired.