Bourbon Peach BBQ Baked Beans Recipe
May 28, 2017
- 6 slices thick cut bacon chopped
- 2 ounce cans cannellini beans rinsed + drained, 14
- 2 ounce cans pinto beans rinsed + drained, 14
- 2-3 ripe peaches chopped (use 2 if peaches are big, 3 if they are small)
- 1 ½ cups your favorite [BBQ sauce | https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/homemade-barbecue-sauce-just-like-sweet-baby-rays/]
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3-1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grainy Dijon mustard
- 1-2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoons salt + pepper
- fresh basil for serving
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Place an oven safe 3-5 quart Dutch oven or heavy bottom pot over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. If there is a lot of fat in the pot, drain off all but 1 tablespoon. To the bacon, add the cannellini beans, pinto beans, peaches, BBQ sauce, maple syrup, bourbon, balsamic dijon mustard, chipotle chili powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Give everything a good stir to combine.
Place in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until the sauce has thicken and is bubbly. Serve warm with fresh basil.