BBQ Chicken Burger with Beer Braised Onions Recipe
July 7, 2017
- 1 lb ground chicken (I used half breast, half thighs)
- ⅓ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ whole milk
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼-1/2 tsp Old Bay seasoning*
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 1 bottle of beer*
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- bbq sauce
- sliced cheddar cheese
- romaine lettuce
- pretzel buns
- In a large bowl combine the ground chicken, breadcrumbs, milk and spices. Mix with your hands until well-combined and then form into patties.
- Line a plate with parchment paper and layer the burgers on top, putting parchment in between each burger so they don’t stick.
- Chill until ready to cook.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet or saucepan.
- Add the onions and cook until soft.
- Add a cup of the beer and the brown sugar. Stir together and let cook down for about 10 minutes or until the beer has evaporated.
- Add another cup of beer and reduce the heat, stirring occasionally until brown and soft. Add salt to taste.
- Grill or pan fry about 5 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- After flipping place cheese slices on top to melt.
- Serve on pretzel buns with bbq sauce, braised onions, romaine lettuce or any other desired toppings.