Barbecue Chicken Stuffed Baked Potato Recipe
August 28, 2017
- 4 large Russet Burbank Idaho® Potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped scallions
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees F. and using the tines of your fork poke holes all over the potatoes. Bake the potatoes for about 45 minutes to 1 hour until they are tender. Remove from the oven once finished.
- In a small bowl combine the cumin, chili, salt, paprika, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and cayenne pepper.
- Wash and dry the chicken thighs and rub all over with the spice mix.
- Place the seasoned chicken on a rimmed baking sheet covered with parchment paper and bake in the heated 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink throughout.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes and shred (tip for easy shredding, place the chicken in your stand mixer fitted with the paddle and mix on medium speed for 2-3 minutes).
- Toss the chicken with barbecue sauce and set aside.
- Split open the cooked baked potatoes, and stuff about 1 cup of chicken inside the potato. Repeat with the remaining potatoes and then top with 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese on each potato and chopped scallions.