Bacon-Wrapped Steak Stuffed Jalapenos Recipe
August 29, 2017
- 8 jalapenos, washed, cut in half add inside scrapped clean
- 1/4 to 1/3 pound chuck eye steak (or your choice cut), cut into 8 strips
- 8 slices thin cut bacon, cut in half
- 3 ounces cream cheese at room temperature, cut into 8 pieces
- ground black pepper to taste
- Cut jalapenos lengthwise, using a spoon clean out seeds.
- Cut steak against the grain into 8 strips slightly smaller than the jalapeno.
- Spoon the cream cheese into the pepper
- Add the un-cooked steak to the pepper and wrap the bacon around the jalapeno trying not to overlap the pepper. Secure with a toothpick if necessary.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill or skillet to medium heat or abuot 300 degrees.
- Rotate pepper to cook on all sides.
- Cook until bacon is crisp.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.