Bacon Jalapeno Tequila Jam Burger Recipe
July 31, 2017
- pretzel dough
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 3 jalapenos, diced
- 2 ounces quality tequila
- 1/2 pound Bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons maple flavored butter
- 1 pound ground round
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 ripe tomato, sliced
- Fresh Italian leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Fontina cheese, sliced
- Make pretzel buns according to directions; but add chopped bacon to half of the dough (you won’t use all of this dough for the burger recipe)
- Make bacon jam by bringing olive oil over medium heat and adding garlic, salt, onion, jalapenos and tequila.
- Lower heat to medium low and saute until onions are translucent and garlic is fragrant.
- Add bacon and maple butter, stir and cover.
- Simmer for 5 minutes until slightly thickened, stirring, and turn heat off.
- Combine ground round, mayo and Worcestershire, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Form into 4 burgers.
- Grill or pan fry to desired doneness, add cheese and leave over heat until it melts; remove.
- Build burger by adding parsley and a tomato slice on a the bottom of a sliced pretzel bun, add burger, and top with bacon jam and pretzel bun top.