Bacon & Blue Cheese Steak Recipe
August 15, 2017
- 1 sirloin steak
- 2 tbsp crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tbsp real bacon bits
- 1 slice of red onion
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Remove steak from the fridge, rub with olive oil and season generously with salt & pepper. Allow steak to rest at room temperature for 30-45 minutes.
- While your steak is resting, if you don’t have cooked bacon, fry up a couple of slices in a pan on medium heat.
- In a bowl, mix your bacon bits and blue cheese together.
- Lightly brush your onion with olive oil.
- When your steak is almost done resting, heat your barbecue to medium-high heat.
- After heating for about ten minutes, place your steak on the grill, along with the slice of red onion.
- Cook steak and red onion for about 3-5 minutes per side, or until your desired doneness.
- In the last couple of minutes, place some of the blue cheese and bacon crumble on top of the steak, allowing it to melt slightly.
- Remove from barbecue, allow to rest for 10 minutes, and serve with the rest of your blue cheese and bacon crumble!