8 Cheese Mac n Cheese with Cheetos Recipe
April 18, 2017
- 8 ounces macaroni, any shape
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup milk, whole or 2%
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 ounces smoked gouda, shredded
- 1-ounce gruyere, shredded
- 1-ounce parmesan, shredded
- 1-ounce cheddar, shredded
- 1-ounce Monterrey jack, shredded
- 1-ounce Colby, shredded
- 1-ounce mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper, use white if you don’t want to see the specks
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 to 1 cup crushed Cheetos
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon vegetable oil.
- Add pasta and cook per package directions to al dente.
- Drain and set aside.
- To a large saute pan, melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- Add flour and whisk. Cook 2 minutes.
- Whisk in heavy whipping cream and milk. Whisk to remove any lumps.
- Add cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and stir until cheese melts and is smooth
- Stir in pasta.
- Serve hot topped with crushed Cheetos.